May Your Joys Be as Deep as the Ocean Autograph Card
"May your joys be as deep as the ocean
and your sorrows as light as its foam."
It's a lovely sentiment to share as a couple starts a new life together. The text of this card is framed within a drawing of mine of algae based on one of Anna Atkins's 1840s cyanotypes.
Autograph Cards grew out of my love for my Great Grandmother's own autograph book from the 1890s, which my dad now has and keeps safe. The entire book was filled with messages of love and friendship from her friends and family; beautiful poems and phrases from more than a century ago, scratched out in elegant penmanship.
I've hand lettered messages from her book for each of these cards, mimicking the scrawl of my great grandmother Edna Foster Campbell's loved ones, and paired each with a botanical drawing of my own.
• Letterpress printed by hand, by me!
• Available in: Matte finish gold text / Brilliant blue vines or Chocolate brown text / Cream vines
• Card measures 6.25" wide x 4.5" high when folded, and is blank inside
• Printed on thick, white 100% cotton stock
• Includes pool blue envelope with blue card, or gravel gray envelope with cream card
At Campbell Raw Press, it's important to us to give back a little with every sale we make. 5% of every sale of this card is contributed to Safe Horizon, a New York City based organization that assists victims of domestic violence and child abuse.